Let's hear it for the red, white & blue!

I can't help it!  I love holidays!  Ask my kids.  When they were growing up, I decorated for EVERY holiday - even the minor ones!  Not just Christmas and Easter but Valentine's day, St. Patrick's Day, Cinco de Mayo, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Thanksgiving and.....my favorite.....Halloween!

One year for Valentine's Day I hung hearts in all sizes from the dining room ceiling.  At Halloween, my bay window is dressed with Dept. 56 treasures that move and howl and light up!

My friend, who shared several Christmas' with us, said, "You're holidays are magical!"   Warm fuzzies!  Well, I'm Italian and celebrating in a big way is what we do!

 It's just too fun!  Red, white and blue are one of my favorite color combinations. For summer holidays, I would make a flag cake, have napkins and plates to match, dress the family in red, white & blue.  For the 4th, we'd decorate the children's bikes and wagons and enter a local parade.  They gave away prizes for the best dressed, most original, etc.  My youngest daughter won several years in a row!

So here's to our veterans and soldiers!  Here's to acknowledging you and celebrating you!  Bless you!