How do you define your days?


I define my days by how much I get done.  I judge myself by how much was accomplished on my list. I define my life by how many things I can complete.

On a day that I feel scattered and I don’t get much finished, I don’t feel very good about myself.  When I get calls it breaks my concentration and I feel pulled in too many directions. 

I've started to ask myself, "What do I need to do today to feel good about myself?"  If I can accomplish that very small list of one or two items, no matter what else does or doesn't get done, I feel like I've had a productive day.  Sometimes, these are things I'd rather put off doing. And doing those things is a great accomplishment indeed!

So today's accomplishment is adding this mini-bouquet.  I also scanned 2 important documents (now to send them off!)  But what I REALLY want to get done is to send off my children's book to one publisher.  Just one.  One publisher.  I can do this.  One thing. Well, maybe not today.  Maybe Monday.  For sure on Monday!







Labels: , , , , , ,