I'm back!

Well, I took the holiday weekend off....and kept going!  Our friends have a lovely cabin in West Virginia and I am fortunate enough to be invited to visit there several times a year.  It's a relaxing and peaceful log cabin (when it's not crowded with folks!) with a lake off the back, a porch with a tin roof to hear the pitter patter of raindrops, lots of canoeing, tubing, chatting, eating, having fun and friendship. And at the end of the day, a bonfire.

When I'm in the canoe, I feel like Katherine Hepburn in "The African Queen" with Humphrey Bogart, sailing up the river.  Or down the river.  Anyway, it's lovely and I can pretend I am the queen while my hubby paddles upstream.  I do help, of course!  But I prefer to enjoy watching the turtles sunbathing and, when the waters aren't muddy, following the fish.  

So today, it's back to work.  It's a typical Monday in that I'm unfocused and want to crawl back in bed.  I have always said when I had my own business, I wouldn't work on Mondays.  When my business is profitable enough, that's the plan!

Today I listed a vintage LIFE magazine featuring Margaret O'Brien, with plenty of old Ford ads and a spread on Richard Nixon.  If you are creative, take the magazine apart and decoupage!  Or frame up the old photos and decorate an office or family room.
You can find it at:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/77584266/life-magazine-1958-vintage

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,