Checking in with our New Year Resolutions

Most of us, with the best intentions, create New Year's Resolutions.  In the New Age philosophy, you carry the wave of the freshness of the New Year through the first week or so.

I find that goal setting makes me nervous.  Sets me up for failure.  Oh, I know I have to have some daily goals and lifetime goals to reach for.  But in between those 2, having to make $300/day as a goal stresses me out!

It also leaves no wiggle room for what may delight me or what the universe wants to bring into my life!

And what about a string of days where I don't meet my $300/day goal?  Am I a failure?

No.  What works for me is to have general goals, affirm them daily and let go of the outcome.

Instead of New Year's Resolutions, I come up with a theme for the year.  One year my theme was Spirituality and that was my focus.  I attended as many Spiritual opportunities as I could including new churches, drum circles, mediation sessions.  Whatever spoke Spiritual to me that year, I dove into.

Another year my theme was Abundance.  I looked for abundance in all things that year and acknowledged its presence in my life, whether it be finding a dime on the street, a dinner someone made for me or a sale.

Last year  I focused on Serenity.  When I found myself out of balance, I reminded myself to do whatever I needed to do to return me to center and serenity. 

This year I have 2 themes, Prosperity and Tranquility.

 Wikipedia defines prosperity as: the state of flourishing, thriving, good fortune and / or successful social status. Prosperity often encompasses wealth but also includes others factors which are independent of wealth to varying degrees, such as happiness and health.

Tranquility is defined as:  quality or state of being tranquil; calmness; serenity n.

So, checking in daily to keep myself on track with my 2 focuses this year.

How are your New Year's resolutions going?

Angela
 https://www.etsy.com/shop/AngelasArtistic

Labels: , , , ,